Live a naturally healthy lifestyle with essential oils
Essential oils are naturally distilled plant essences which are highly concentrated. They contain the odor of the plant that they are extracted from. Essential oils have many properties which can prove to be beneficial for the health of a person. The treatment method which makes use of essential oils is known as aromatherapy. There are multiple varieties of essential oils and each have their unique characteristics. They can affect both the mental and emotional condition of a person which is why they are so effective in healing.
In today’s times, the life of man is fraught with all kinds of health hazards and the worst part is that there are many household products which have dangerous properties which can adversely affect the health of man. Here are some of the most dangerous household products that you need to steer clear of to protect your health:
1. Cleaning supplies– These are basically chemicals which are highly toxic in nature. They affect every system of the body. The biggest culprit is ammonia which is present in floor cleaners. It damages the liver and kidney. There are many cleaners which emit fumes and the inhalation of such fumes leads to respiratory disorders.
2. Air fresheners– The labels pure and natural which are attached to these products are very deceptive. Instead of making the air free of bacteria, these air purifiers cause respiratory problems. They contain many toxic chemicals and phthalates which affect the reproductive system as well and lead to birth defects in children.
3. Anti-bacterial products– The toothpastes and soaps which have anti-bacterial properties contain an ingredient called triclosan which has a tendency to accumulate in the body. The higher the level of accumulation of triclosan, the more immune the body becomes to a particular super bug which is resistant to such antibiotics. It is better to go for products which keep you clean instead of germ-free.
4. Mosquito repellants– The insect repellants that you use on a daily basis has several harmful effects in the long run. Smoke-based repellants cause wheezing or nose allergies. In some cases, they cause skin rashes too. If the repellants are not good for the insects then they are definitely safe for human beings too when used for a long time.
5. Cosmetics– The mascara, lipsticks and moisturizers that you use on a daily basis contain phthalates. These chemicals as mentioned earlier are linked to the reproductive system and cause developmental problems in children. They are used for binding color and fragrance in cosmetics but are harmful for human health.
After reading about all these household products, don’t you feel that you are spoiling your health with your own hands. However, there is a solution for this problem- essential oils. Essential oils are not just meant for healing. They can also act as natural substitutes for all the dangerous household products mentioned above and have unlimited uses.
Ways in which essential oils can help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- In making natural mosquito repellant– You can make a natural mosquito repellant which is chemical free by combining a few drops of lemon eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil and cedarwood oil to some coconut oil. This solution should be applied on the skin to keep away bugs and mosquitoes.
- As a cleaning agent- You can get rid of the dangerous chemical-based cleaners by using a natural alternative in the form of a combination of tree oil and lemon oil with some warm water. This solution can be sprayed on top of any surface to clean it thoroughly. It has natural disinfectant properties. You can get tree oil for sale online along with lemon oil.
- To make natural sunburn relief solution If you are suffering from sunburn, instead of going for the lotions available in the market, you can prepare a sunburn relief lotion by combining some aloe vera juice with a carrier oil or coconut oil. To this you can add a few drops of lavender, tea tree and chamomile essential oils and some vitamin E. This mixture has natural anti-inflammatory properties and is a pain-reliever.
- In detoxifying the air– Why go for a commercial air purifier when you can easily make it at home? Just diffuse some cinnamon oil to remove the bacteria that is present in the air your breathe. Another option is to combine peppermint oil with eucalyptus oil and add it to the paint that you are going to use for the walls. This helps in removing the fumes and detoxifies the air.
- To make grout cleaner– As all cleaning agents in the market make use of chemicals, you can use a water spray containing a few drops of eucalyptus and tree oil to serve as a grout cleaner. This spray can be used to remove shower scum or tile grout. Eucalyptus oil for sale can be found online. You can also use a mixture of half cup baking soda, pine oil, tree oil, lemongrass oil, some white vinegar and a few spoons of dish soap to clean the grout.
- In preparing natural pest repellant– If you want to keep ants and pests like mice away from your home, the only thing that you need to do is to put some peppermint oil on a cotton ball and keep it in the places where these ants and pests are usually spotted. As peppermint has a very strong odor, it can drive away such irritants. If you spot pests anywhere, you can immediately spray some orange oil or clove oil to get rid of them.
- As a homemade shampoo– You can avoid using the chemical-based anti-bacterial shampoos by combining some aloe-vera gel with coconut milk, lavender oil and rosemary oil. This mixture can be used as a natural shampoo to get rid of dirt and accumulated bacteria on the scalp.
The list of the uses of essential oils is endless. They can be used for making homemade sunscreen, lip balms, body butter, dish cleaners, pesticides, natural perfume, mouth fresheners, facial scrubs and a lot more things. It is important to realize the harmful effects of using chemical-based products which are available in the market.
In order to achieve a healthy lifestyle, essential oils should be made a part of everyday life. You can buy essential oils online and start this process right away.